Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client-focused, cost-efficient, and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry-leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart?
We believe that a diverse workforce helps drive innovation and creativity, and we strive to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected. We encourage collaboration and believe in fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere. Additionally, our company offers competitive benefits and perks, such as flexible work hours, professional development and training, a health and wellness program, and mentorship. We also prioritize work-life balance and offer a range of activities and events to help employees connect and build relationships outside of work. Our company is committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment that ensures everyone is treated fairly and with dignity. This combination of fun, social interaction, and respect creates a dynamic and enjoyable work culture that we value most at Tarco.
Tarcois currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Senior Project Manager
We are a team of highly skilled engineers, technologists, technicians, and programmers. As our team continues to grow, we have an opening for a Senior Project Manager with experience in electrical, instrumentation, controls, and automation projects. This position is responsible for the overall project life cycle for various-sized projects from initial conception through project completion. The successful candidate will direct and manage the project team’s work to establish project objectives and maintain effective relationships with clients, other project teams, and subcontractors.
- Manage and deliver automation and controls projects for industries like Oil/Gas, power, utility, etc. within Canada and abroad.
- Overall accountability for successful execution of project scope, schedule, budget, deliverables, quality, resources, and profitability
- Support sales efforts by assisting in the preparation of budget estimates, preliminary plans with schedules, milestones, and resources where appropriate
- Define project delivery strategy and project plan (schedule, dependencies, resource plan, etc.)
- Demonstrate leadership by providing guidance, direction, and coaching to the project/program team
- Coordination of communication and progress reporting between Tarco leadership, clients, project team, and contractors
- Managing project forecast, finance, and reporting to Tarco leadership
- Define, manage, and QC of project deliverables
- Project closeout and hand over
- Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer relationships through the delivery of excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both French and English
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Applied Sciences, or Certified Engineering Technologist
- Hands-on experience in PLC / HMI programming and electrical design in the Oil and Gas industry, with practical experience at the technical leadership level
- 15+ years experience in Automation/control design and implementation projects, with 5+ years in a Senior Project Management role
- Proven track record of successful completion of automation projects with excellent results in client and team satisfaction, safety, quality, cost, and schedule
- Must be prepared for reasonable travel as required by the projects
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to plan, prioritize and work under pressure
The following would be an asset for the position:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Professional Engineering certification and registration with APEGA
- Experience with rotating equipment control (e.g. turbine control, compressor control, surge control, etc.)
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Experience with control system estimating and proposal generation
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits, please.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org