Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking multidiscipline EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client focused, cost efficient and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
Tarco is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Convert sketches and markups into properly documented electrical drawings on AutoCad
- Calculation of voltage drop, breaker/fuse/cable size, cable tray fill, electrical heat trace, etc.
- Creation and/or development of single line diagrams, electrical layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, material lists, panel schedules, cable schedules, junction box details, and installation details, etc.
- Preparation of electrical system drawing packages for review and construction
- Prepare as-built drawings with field surveys
- Assist in QA and the checking of work produced by less experienced drafting/design personnel
- Assist in the development of design and drafting standards and processes
- Assist in the creation of project plans and provide project estimates and status updates
- Provide technical consultation and support to project managers, project team and field service team
- Mentoring of junior staff
The following is required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8 + years of related electrical engineering experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and other regulatory codes
- Strong knowledge of electrical principles, medium voltage distribution design from 600V to 69kV distribution systems.
- Must have the ability to design and select appropriate electrical equipment and apply industry best practices for medium voltage power systems.
- Possess knowledge in the design of medium and high voltage power distribution and transmission, including load flow, short circuit and grounding studies, electrical coordination and arc flash studies, transformer sizing and cable sizing.
- Ability to develop scope of work, conceptual design, material selection and execution plans
- Experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Good understanding of relevant industry standards such as CSA, IEC, NEC, ANSI, API etc.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Ability to travel and work internationally without restrictions
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both individually and in team environments
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
The following would be an asset for the position:
- AutoCad experience
- Gas Turbine control system design experience
- Rotating equipment controls design (recips, compressors, turbo-expanders, etc.)
- Presentation and training experience
- Technical proposal experience
- Sc. degree in Engineering
- Membership with APEGA/ASET or eligible
- Previous EPC experience
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com