Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client-focused, cost-efficient, and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry-leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart?
We believe that a diverse workforce helps drive innovation and creativity, and we strive to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected. We encourage collaboration and believe in fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere. Additionally, our company offers competitive benefits and perks, such as flexible work hours, professional development and training, a health and wellness program, and mentorship. We also prioritize work-life balance and offer a range of activities and events to help employees connect and build relationships outside of work. Our company is committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment that ensures everyone is treated fairly and with dignity. This combination of fun, social interaction, and respect creates a dynamic and enjoyable work culture that we value most at Tarco.
Tarco is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Senior Automation Engineer/Technologist
We are a team of highly skilled engineers, technologists, technicians, and automation programmers. As our team continues to grow, we have an opening for a Senior Automation Engineer/Technologist with experience in PLC, RTU, and DCS Control Systems along SCADA Systems. This position is key to the development and execution of a new internationally focused program and the overall project life cycle for various-sized projects from initial conception through project completion. The successful candidate will execute the technical execution of international automation projects with a focus on quality and innovation.
- PLC/RTU/DCS/HMI/SCADA program development and testing
- PLC/RTU/DCS/HMI/SCADA FAT testing, commissioning, and field service
- Creation of technical documentation (Cause and effect, programming narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/commissioning manuals, etc.)
- Instrumentation, electrical, and control system design support
- Provide support to project managers with a solid understanding of project execution procedures and functions such as scheduling, budget development, and maintenance and scope tracking.
The following is required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in both French and English
- 10+ years of Industrial Control System programming experience in the oil and gas industry
- PLC/DCS/RTU programming experience with one or more of the following vendor systems: Rockwell/Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Modicon, Horner, Schneider, ABB, Emerson
- HMI/SCADA programming experience with one or more of the following vendors’ platforms: Rockwell, Schneider, GE, Telvent, Schneider, ABB
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Diploma in Technology in a related field. Extensive experience may be considered.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and startup
- Excellent English; written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Ability to travel and work internationally without restrictions (as needed)
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies and project requirements rapidly
- A structured approach to problem-solving and project execution with the ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and in team environments with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated & able to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
The following would be an asset for the position:
- Gas Turbine and rotating equipment control system design and/or operating experience
- Technical presentation and training experience
- Understanding of consulting, business development (with regards to proposal and estimate generation or contribution), client BD and sub-contractor communications
- Membership with APEGA/ASET or eligible
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org