Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client-focused, cost-efficient, and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry-leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart?
We believe that a diverse workforce helps drive innovation and creativity, and we strive to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected. We encourage collaboration and believe in fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere. Additionally, our company offers competitive benefits and perks, such as flexible work hours, professional development and training, a health and wellness program, and mentorship. We also prioritize work-life balance and offer a range of activities and events to help employees connect and build relationships outside of work. Our company is committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment that ensures everyone is treated fairly and with dignity. This combination of fun, social interaction, and respect creates a dynamic and enjoyable work culture that we value most at Tarco.
We are a team of highly skilled engineers, technologists, technicians, and programmers. As our team continues to grow, we have an opening for an Intermediate Project Manager with experience in electrical, instrumentation, controls, and automation projects. This position is responsible for the development and execution of a new Tarco focused program and the overall project life cycle for various sized projects from initial conception through project completion. The successful candidate will direct and manage the work of the project team to establish project objectives, and maintain effective relationships with clients, other project teams, and subcontractors
- Management of small to midsize multidiscipline engineering projects.
- Project reporting, scheduling, project budget/cost control and tracking.
- Contract, purchase order and change order management.
- Client support and liaison.
- Team leadership and mentoring of junior staff.
- Technical writing – technical documentation.
- Business development – estimate and proposal support.
- Engineering support.
- Site installation supervision, commissioning, and startup.
- Successful history of small to midsize project management.
- Electrical, controls, mechanical, civil engineering project experience.
- Client management/support experience.
- Project scheduling experience
- Proven management/mentorship of small technical multidiscipline engineering teams.
- Strong experience with on-site commissioning and startup of industrial automation systems.
- Must be a current Canadian resident and have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis.
- Ability to travel to worksites.
- Focus on client service & the ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and within team environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
The following would be an asset for the position:
- Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree registered with APEGA.
- Technologist or Trade certification.
- Existing client following.
- Rotating equipment controls design experience (turbines, recips, compressors, etc.).
- Sales and marketing experience.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter using email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits please.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org