Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client-focused, cost-efficient, and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry-leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
What sets us apart?
We believe that a diverse workforce helps drive innovation and creativity, and we strive to create an environment where all employees feel valued and respected. We encourage collaboration and believe in fostering a positive and inclusive atmosphere.
Additionally, our company offers competitive benefits and perks, such as flexible work hours, professional development and training, a health and wellness program, and mentorship. We also prioritize work-life balance and offer a range of activities and events to help employees connect and build relationships outside of work. Our company is committed to creating a positive and supportive work environment that ensures everyone is treated fairly and with dignity. This combination of fun, social interaction, and respect creates a dynamic and enjoyable work culture that we value most at Tarco.
Tarco is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Intermediate Instrumentation and Electrical Designer
- Convert sketches and markups into properly documented electrical drawings on AutoCad
- Calculation of voltage drop, breaker/fuse/cable size, cable tray fill, electrical heat trace, etc
- Creation and/or development of single line diagrams, electrical layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, material lists, panel schedules, cable schedules, junction box details, shutdown keys, and installation details, etc.
- Preparation of electrical and control system drawing packages for review and construction
- Preparation of electrical equipment and instruments datasheets and specification for review and purchase
- Prepare as-built drawings with field surveys
- Assist in QA and the checking of work produced by less experienced drafting/design personnel
- Assist in the development of design and drafting standards and processes
- Assist in the creation of project plans and provide project estimates and status updates
- Provide technical consultation and support to project managers, project team and field service team
- Mentoring of junior staff
The following is required:
- 5 to 8 + years’ experience in Electrical and Instrumentation industrial design
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and other regulatory codes
- Experience in the oil & gas industry
- Good understanding of relevant industry standards such as CSA, IEC, NEC, ANSI, API etc.
- Excellent English, both written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis
- Ability to travel and work internationally without restrictions
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies rapidly
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet set deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both individually and in team environments
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
The following would be an asset for the position:
- AutoCad experience
- Gas Turbine control system design experience
- Rotating equipment controls design (recips, compressors, turbo-expanders, etc.)
- PLC/HMI/SCADA programming experience
- Presentation and training experience
- Technical proposal experience
- Sc. degree in Engineering or diploma in related field
- Membership with APEGA/ASET or eligible
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits, please
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com