Established in 1997, Tarco is a forward-thinking EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) company specializing in Industrial Automation & Rotating Equipment Controls. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we have extensive experience providing client-focused, cost-efficient and technologically advanced control solutions to industries around the world and in our own backyard. Our industry-leading turbine and rotating equipment expertise set us apart from the competition and allows us to engineer integrated total control solutions for our clients.
Tarco is currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Intermediate Automation Engineer/Technologist
- PLC/HMI/SCADA program development and testing
- PLC/HMI/SCADA FAT testing, commissioning and field service
- Creation of technical documentation (Cause and effect, programming narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/commissioning manuals, etc.)
- Instrumentation, electrical and control system design support
- Provide support to project managers with a solid understanding of project execution procedures and functions such as scheduling, budget development and maintenance and scope tracking.
The following is required:
- 8+ years Industrial Control System programming experience in the oil and gas industry
- PLC/DCS/RTU programming experience with one or more of the following vendor systems: Rockwell/Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Modicon, Horner, Schneider, ABB, Emerson
- HMI/SCADA programming experience with one or more of the following vendors platforms: Rockwell, Schneider, GE, Telvent, Schneider
- Bachelors in Engineering or Diploma in Technology in a related field. Extensive experience may be considered.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and startup
- Excellent English; written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis
- Ability to travel and work internationally without restrictions (as needed)
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills
- Quick learner; able to adapt to new technologies and project requirements rapidly
- A structured approach to problem solving and project execution with the ability to plan, prioritize, and work under pressure to meet expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully both individually and in team environments with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated & ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Focus on client service
The following would be an asset for the position:
- Gas Turbine and rotating equipment control system design and/or operating experience
- Technical presentation and training experience
- Understanding of consulting, business development (with regards to proposal and estimate generation or contribution), client BD and sub-contractor communications
- Membership with APEGA/ASET or eligible
TO APPLY: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or office visits, please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Industrial Control System Integration: 8 years
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org